PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS – 2023
ANA “We Are Japan” FREE PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the Terms and Conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) that govern the relationship between you, the entrant (“you”, “your(s)”) and All Nippon Airways Co. Ltd (ANA), 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP (the “Promoter”, “we”, “our”, “us”) with regards to the Promotion.
WHAT ARE YOU ENTERING?
- You are entering a free prize draw promotion for the chance to win to travel with ANA on an ANA operated flight from the United Kingdom (London-Heathrow Airport), France (Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport), Germany (Frankfurt Airport /Munich Airport) or Belgium (Brussels Airport) to Japan (Tokyo Haneda Airport / Narita Airport). The winner will receive a pair of return flights (outbound and inbound flights in Premium Economy). We shall offer all flight costs; however, please be reminded that all other travel expenses shall be at the cost of the entrant. Entrants are also required to organise their own travel arrangements to the airports listed above. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully for full details.
- These Terms and Conditions set out the basis on which you can participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants to the Prize Draw must be aged eighteen (18) or over and are required to organise their own travel arrangements to the airport they choose (London-Heathrow Airport), France (Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport), Germany (Frankfurt Airport / Munich Airport) or Belgium (Brussels Airport) to Japan (Tokyo Haneda Airport / Narita Airport).
- The following are not eligible to participate in the Promotion: (i) employees of the Promoter, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, including without limitation, their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective shareholders, partners, members, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); and (ii) immediate family members of such employees or of anyone with whom such employees are domiciled. In these Terms and Conditions, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
- By entering the Promotion, you confirm that you have legal capacity to enter the Promotion and to travel (i.e. that you hold the required documents to travel including valid passports and visas) and that you agree to these Terms and Conditions (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
- The Promotion will run from 20 July 2023 to 30 September, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
HOW TO APPLY
- To enter the Promotion, you will need to do the following during the Promotion Period:
a) visit our WeAreJapan.com website
b) read and accept the online copy of these Terms and Conditions
c) complete and submit the online competition entry form on the following link www.wearejapan.com/go-there/, including the following information: first name, last name, email address and country of residence and hit Submit.
d) your entry to the Promotion will automatically be submitted (“Entry(s)”).
- Entry for the Promotion is restricted to one (1) Entry per person.
- All information provided by you in connection with this Promotion is provided to us directly and not to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. For the avoidance of doubt, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube shall have no responsibility or liability to you in respect of the Promotion.
- The prize draw will take place at the Promoter’s offices within 30 days of the end of the Promotion Period. One prize winner will be selected electronically at random from all valid and eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The first entry to be drawn will be the prize winner.
- We will endeavour to notify the winners by email (“Notification”) and the winners will be required to confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing by sending an email to the email@example.com within 10 business days. Only the winner shall be contacted by us individually
- We reserve the right to randomly select an alternative winner in the event that:
a) a winner cannot be contacted after 2 attempts within 10 business days of the draw date; and/or
b) a winner is unable to accept the prize; and/or
c) we have reasonable grounds for believing that a winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation if a winner has provided false personal data or has tried by any means or form, to manipulate entries to or the results of the Promotion.
- 1 We the prize provider may publish and publicise your name, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry], and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion) association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
- 2 In relation to the winner, you understand that we and our Promotion Partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
- Prize: there will be one prize winner comprising of the following
a) A pair of return ANA flights to Japan (Tokyo Haneda Airport / Narita Airport) for the winner from either England (London-Heathrow Airport), France (Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport), Germany (Frankfurt Airport / Munich Airport) or Belgium (Brussels Airport). The outbound and inbound flights will be in Premium economy. Advance seat number reservations are not offered;
- All winners will be responsible for paying any personal taxes in connection with the prize and are also required to organise their own travel arrangements to the airports listed above.
- The prize is subject to availability of flights on the winner’s preferred dates. The winner will need to liaise with the Promoter’s representative (as specified in the prize Notification – defined in rule 11 above) to check availability and to confirm the booking.
- The prizes must be accepted as awards and are non-transferable or convertible to cash or other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts. No reward miles will be awarded for travel on the Promotion prize flights.
- The prize winner must be available to travel on the dates and time agreed with the Promoter’s representative. Once travel plans are fixed by the winners, flights cannot be changed. If the winner cannot travel on such dates or times, they will forfeit their right to receive the prize.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide the stated prizes, we reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal value.
- All other expenses, including without limitation, accommodation, meals and beverages, ground transportation and transfers to and from airports, gratuities, additional spending money, personal expenses, souvenirs, incidentals, insurances, visas and other expenses not expressly specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The prize winner is solely responsible for arranging travel to the airport in either the United Kingdom (London-Heathrow Airport), France (Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport), Germany (Frankfurt Airport / Munich Airport) or Belgium (Brussels Airport) and from Japan (Tokyo Haneda Airport / Narita Airport).
- The prize winner is solely responsible for ensuring travel insurance and travel papers, including passports, visas are valid prior to and for the duration of the trip. It is strongly recommended that the winner takes out adequate travel insurance that covers for Covid-19 restrictions.
- The prize winner must abide by and is subject to our conditions of carriage for the flights.
- No responsibility is assumed by the Promoter for any cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled flights once any tickets have been issued in relation to the Promotion for any reason whatsoever beyond its control.
- The flight tickets may be changed once without charge if the flight is cancelled, suspended or rescheduled, due to Covid-19 border and entry requirements. Further changes to flights will be subject to additional charges.
- Tickets may not be transferred to any other airline.
- If the flight has been cancelled due to circumstances such as weather conditions, maintenance or aircraft planning, we will use our best endeavours to provide the next available flight to the prize winner.
- Flight tickets must be used within 1 year of receiving the prize, or one year from when the preferred ANA European hub is open, however extensions can be granted depending on border restrictions and entry requirements for Japan.
- By submitting an Entry for the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice) , by the terms and conditions of any tickets awarded and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Promotion and/or the selection of the winners and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- All changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted in revised terms and conditions on the www.wearejapan.com/competition-terms/
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become our property and will not be returned.
- We accept no responsibility for any illegible or incomplete Entries or any incorrect or inaccurate information or lost or late Entries and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control or failure to receive Entry information by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion affecting the entry collection process (to the fullest extent permitted by law).
- If not stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, personal information collected from entrants about entrants will be incorporated in computerised files belonging to the Promoter or affiliates of the Promoter, computerised in the country of the Promoter and will be used by us solely in connection with the Promotion and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of operating the Promotion and fulfilling prizes where applicable in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy laws.
- 1 The Promoter shall ensure that any customer database shall comply with the requirements of all Relevant Data Protection Regulations.
- We accept no responsibility if boarding is denied due to inaccurate Entry information, incomplete flight documents, or failure to complete necessary boarding processes.
- This is the entire agreement and no other authorisation is necessary for us or any other party to use your Entry details for the purpose contemplated herein.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Any recourse to the courts of law is excluded.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions I agree that I can be contacted via email address with regard to the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions. I have been informed that I am entitled by law to request free information about and have access to the personal information the Promoter has stored in relation to my person, and to request that the Promoter corrects, blocks or deletes this personal information. I acknowledge that I can withdraw my declaration of consent to the collection, processing, use and correction of my personal information towards All Nippon Airways Co. Ltd, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, UK at any time for the future by sending an email to [email protected]